Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sembawang Thingyan 2012 memory

I went to Sembawang Thingyan 2012 celebrated on 8th April, Sunday. I was not going to write about it but since there are people who came to my blog searching for Sembawang Thingyan, I am gonna write my experience and how I enjoyed there.

Even though I intended to go there early around 9:30am,I reached there at 11am. There were lots of people queuing here and there around Sembawang MRT, bus stop, Taxi stand and the longest Queue was shuttle bus (I guess). We waited bus in front of Sembawang MRT but all the bus came there were fully loaded. So we tried walk around and found the interchange. There was a very long Queue but at least we could eventually get into the bus as that was Queue. We didn't know the place of the event was different from last year. The whole bus alighted and we were still sitting inside there and bus driver told us this is the place. With doubt, we alighted and it was right. It's not the beach side like it used to do last few years. It was nearer now and easier to access compare to last time. But the place is smaller in space and it would be disturbance for traffic in the eyes of Singaporean. However as usual, the organizer did manage their best and almost everywhere is well discipline.

Arranging Free shuttle bus is plus point. I heard last year there was shuttle bus arrangement but I didn't see any bus and couldn't go through the crowd to get into public transport. Couldn't call taxi easily even on call was busy. So we had to walk all the way nearly to Sembawang MRT. That was nightmare of last year, 2011. So this year my mum didn't want to join me due to 2011 experience.

This year, there are performance and I heard the voice of the singers. They are good singers. But I didn't get to see who they were as I was so stuck inside the crowd. Last year there were lots of food I've got to eat. But this year I couldn't really go near to the place where they distributing the food. But at least I've got to eat Thar Gu and my friend get Hta min and Hin for me. Finally, I decided to leave the crowd inside the man dat. I came here to have fun and enjoy the food. Not to fight for food. If I have to spend a lot of my energy, it will make me irritated and tired. It's not fun anymore. So I just made up my mind just to see the crowd from far and buy something to eat in some other place.

I met with two neighbors from Myanmar and we reminisced about our childhood and others news update about our street at nearby hawker center while they eating. Time flies fast. Many people have changed their situation or status at the place where I grown up. Same generation who used to play with me gotten married or having children. Younger generation news about getting bf/gf and some even gotten married as well. Am I too late to get married? But all of my friends here in Singapore haven't gotten married.

Am I too long winded by saying lots of stuffs? haha... I went back around 2:30pm. and reached home around 4pm. ok... If you want to see the photos of Sembawang Thingyan, I believe Facebook would have Sembawang community group for thingyan or you can see at Candykhine's blog or Imaginary clouds's blog.

Toa Payoh monastery Thingyan will be held on 15th April, coming Sunday. My mum like to go there. So I will probably go there too. Probably I will bring my camera with me to upload here.

6 comments :

Candy said...

Toa payoh ေတာ့ ကန္ဒီမသြားျဖစ္ေလာက္ဘူး..
မေဗဒါ ဓာတ္ပုံတင္မွပဲ အားေပးရမွာပဲ :D :D

shin said...

I saw you at topayoh thingyan last year while I was about to leave. You were talking to a friend.

I remember you were wearing a burmese dress and look really beautiful in it....:)

icn2 said...

အိုေခ ပါတယ္ ညီမ ။ လင္႕လုပ္လိုက္တဲ႕အတြက္ က်ေနာ္ကေတာင္ေက်းဇူးတင္ရမွာပါ ။ း)

mabaydar said...

@Shin
Aren't I fat with Burmese dress? lol... This year u going to Toa Payoh?

8Yar said...

ဗြမ္း ဗြမ္း ဗြမ္း ဗြမ္း!! ေရလာေလာင္းပါတယ္ဗ်ိဳး။ ေပ်ာ္ရႊင္စရာ သႀကၤန္ျဖစ္ပါေစခင္ဗ်ာ!! ပံုေလးေတြေမွ်ာ္ေနမယ္ခင္ဗ်ာ။

shin said...

Ha ha...nope....I feel that the color of the dress that you wear also nice. And you look neat in it, didn't feel that you look fat.

Yeh...I will be going topayoh this year. Will try to go early so that no need to fight for food...LOL....